THIS ANALYSIS AND CLARIFICATIONS IS BECAME IMPORTANT FOR EVERY DRIVERS TO HAVE A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING AND REJECT THOSE THAT ARE SPREADING FALSEHOOD AND SHARING MISLEADING INFORMATION FOR SELFISH INTEREST
AFTER A 3HOURS MEETING OF LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT AND E-HAILING RIDE OPERATORS, IT WAS AGREED THAT AFTER AUGUST 27, 2020, THE FOLLOWING MUTUALLY ACCEPTED POINTS WERE AGREED BY ALL PARTIES.- This mean that from 27th of August if there is no objection, observation, notice or recommendation from any parties then the following point will be adopted and implemented.
1. There must be comprehensive insurance cover for drivers and passengers.- This insurance cover is NOT the normal car insurance policy.
It refer to the comprehensive insurance that cover both the drivers and riders during an active trip and the policy may include lost of life, injury and theft that might occure d and be compensated.
2. A flat fee of N20 to be known as a Road Improvement Fund and to be levied on each ride.-Government with now charge 20 naira on every completed trip and this charges is refers to as road improvement fund.
3. A reduction of 20% per cent on operational licencing fees.- The operational liecence has now been reduce by 20% which means app company with 1-1000 operators or drivers will now pay 8million instead of 10million and 20million instead of 25million for an operators or drivers between 1001-10,000 on its platform.
4. 90 days compliance with documentation-There will be a one stop shop for all documentation- All documentation for app company are now expected to be completed between (3)months window period after which any app company that to meet the prescribed agreement will cease to operate in lagos state.
The require documentation for app companies will be done at a designated one point to avoid waste of time
5. E-haing companies to work with various body in the business for a good relationship- The app companies are now require to work hand in hand with union representative of drivers community on issue of welfare( trip fare, other associated fare), Safety and security( driver and rider identity, trip destination and payment method), Driver dignity(Acceptable mode of exchanging pleasantries, Respect and etiquette between riders and drivers, blocking of driver or deactivation) and others.
Most importantly an acceptable guidelines and operational procedure.
6. There must be due diligence and background checks on all drivers.- The app companies are now require to do KYC(Know Your Customer) and this may likely change the way driver are admitted in to all this platform and may require Gaurrantor and other details.
7. Riders and drivers are asked to desist from offline trips and transactions.- FOR the purpose of security and safety both drivers and riders are expected and mandated to carry out their tranportation business online.
8. The firms are mandated to make all necessary data available to the government.- The app companies are now required to share certain information with government representative on charge of e-hailing transportation for the purpose of record, planning and safety and security.
GREAT PEDPA …United we are stronger
✍🏽PEDPA MEDIA AND ORIENTATION TEAM