NO TRIAL IS SO LARGE THAT WE CAN’T OVERCOME IT TOGETHER.
Safety and security of E-hailing drivers in Nigeria especially in Lagos State is of greatest concern to our collective existence, because we are Soft target to all manners of criminals set of people; kiddnapers,armed robbers car snatchers, ritualistic, fraudsters etc
The painful aspect of the whole situation is that all these criminals easily get away with crime perpetuated on E-hailing drivers,due to carelessness from the app companies we partnered with. These application companies care less about the safety and security of our lives and property.
Tade lost not only his life but also his #3, 000, 000 hired purchasing car that remain less than two months to balance off his payment. Another of our colleague Mr Olu a.K.a Olufast suffered an attack last week at Anthony, bush street ,but God in his infinity mercy saved him from the armed robbers’ attack ,though he was shot in the hand, there are many other cases known and unknown.
It’s s high time,we hold app companies accountable for linking us with unverified riders,our lives and property is more important than their profit. We can definitely hold them accountable if we all fall to formation of UNITY in one accord
Registered under your local government Branch and get properly profile under Professional E-hailing drivers and Private-Owners Association (PEDPA)
We shall be going on strike action against irregularities of these dictatorial app companies soon and to make the strike action effective. We need to fall to formation of UNITY
Visit our website at www.pedpa.org click on your state of operation as well as local government of your residence. After successful registration ,the administrative Porter will link you to your local government Branch group to get well acquainted with your colleagues who reside in your local government area of residence.
PENDING WHEN WE WILL BE GETTING PROPER PROFILING OF RIDERS, THESE ARE THE SAFETY TIPS
1. All members are advised to desist from night work, start your work 6am when day breaks and close as early as possible.
2. All cars must henceforth be on comprehensive insurance. When your car is insured you will not argue with any armrobber because you are sure insurance will cover for it and not arguing with the arm robbers will save your life
3. All members must ensure there cars are on trackers, this will help recover your car and even catch the perpetrators in most cases
4. Get a trusted driver friend that you can always check on each other and also share your login details with him/her, we don’t want to hear say “the driver is not on active trip”, when we all know the trip has been deleted from the system to avoid taking responsibility
5. Make sure you are using your own account at all time, if you have any score to settle please go and settle it and have your own account and put your own car on the profile.
6. Instinct and body language; make sure you feel save, if you dont feel save about a place or a trip please cancel it or drive to the nearest police station or check point and park to narrate your ordeals.
7. Don’t take offline trips, most especially if the rider is the first person to ask for it. All trips must be online and on record
8. If you are forced to sleep outside please find a busy area to sleep or find the nearest hotel, if you don’t have the money to pay for a room, you will have small change to give the security guys so they can allow you to sleep in your car inside their car parks, don’t sleep in a lonely place
9. Always ensure your car emergency tools and parts are intact, check your spare tyre, wheels spanner, Jack, jump start cable, pliers, keg of water etc these things will save you from being stranded in the bad Boys arena.
10. Dont forget prayers, pray in your own way and God will shield you
11. All incidents should be forwarded to the union as early as possible for quick follow up, call;
The National president (Com. Idris Oluwaseun) 0815 205 7549
National vice president (Com. Jolaiya Moses) 08079348394
(com.Titilayo Islamiat) 0806 973 7646
Head of Safety and Security
(Com. KABIR Sulaiman)
And above all REMEMBER “ONLY OUR UNITY CAN SAVE US COMPLETELY FROM ALL THESE TROUBLES”
Thank you all
GREAT PEDPA!..…..…….UNITED WE ARE STRONGER💪